Thursday, December 26, 2019

Wordless Picture Book: The Red Book

The Red Book (Caldecott Honor Book)
Winner of a Caldecott Honor Book reward, the book can be presumed to be about a little girl living in a snowy city that finds a red book on her way to school. The red book that she finds allows her to view the opposite life of a boy that lives on an island. The girl's new friend she also see her from his own red book. What happens at the end is to be found out by you the storyteller. 

I give this book five red book marks out of five red book marks. I really enjoyed looking at the book and thought the pictures were very well done. I also liked the idea of the reader being able to come up with their own plot to the book as plot ideas could be endless depending on the storyteller! I could see children loving to look at the pictures and could only imagine what they would come up with as they told the story. 

Title: The Red Book
Author/Illustrator: Barbara Lehman
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: September 27th 2004
ISBN: 978-0618428588
 ðŸ”–🔖🔖🔖🔖out of 🔖🔖🔖🔖🔖

2 comments:

  1. The Red Book was one of the first wordless picture books I discovered. My oldest son, Owen, and I read this one many times together. He loved the plot that we came up with for the creative illustrations. Barbara Lehman has gone on to publish several wordless picture books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of wordless picture books. The story being interpreted can vary from child to child, but the point of the story always aligns. Of all the books, wordless books are one of my faves. Great review!

    ReplyDelete