Thursday, December 26, 2019

Wordless Picture Book: Flashlight

A little boy goes out wondering in his backyard during the night time with his trusty flashlight and discovers what comes out at night. The story is told only using pictures and is in the perspective of the flashlight and its holder. Something funny happens at the end and a few turn of events occur. Although there are no words the message of exploration and never knowing what is out in the unknown is present. 

I give this book four moons out of five moons. I found this book adorable and loved the different pictures. I just wouldn't say it was the best wordless picture book when compared to the red book or other wordless picture books. I really liked the idea of the book and found it very creative. 

Title: Flashlight 
Author/ Illustrator: Lizi Boyd
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Publication Date: August 12th 2014
ISBN: 978-1452118949
🌕🌕🌕🌕 out of 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕

3 comments:

  1. I love the use of black and white and pops of color in the illustrations of this book. It definitely makes me see the world from a child's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had this book when I was little. This is the kind of book I was interested in reading because it is about exploring nature in unusual ways. Something I still enjoy doing myself, also the coloring is a very nice touch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. the Unknown was me, I had not been registered

    ReplyDelete