Thursday, January 9, 2020

Children's Poem: Being Brave at Night

Image result for being brave at night by edgar guest

This poem is a older one that I just found, and some of the words would be harder for children now-a-days to understand, but I think this poem would be a great read out aloud for any child, especially before going to bed. This is a concept that every child has had problems with at least once in their lives, and they have all went into the bedroom with their parents. I think if children read this, they will feel less afraid of going to bed at night and less afraid of the spooks they might feel as if they will encounter at night. 

I give this poem four ghosts out of five ghosts, this poem is a bit older and uses a bit of old English, but I loved it. As a child that couldn't sleep well at night I could relate this poem. I would often go into my mom's bed and that is what this child does in this poem. I could see a child enjoying this poem. 

Title: Being Brave at Night by Edgar Albert Guest found in Rhymes of Childhood
Author: James Whitcomb Riley and Janet Black
Publisher: Palala Press
Publication Date: April 22, 2016
ISBN: 978-1354352915
👻👻👻👻 out of 👻👻👻👻👻


No comments:

Post a Comment