Saturday, January 4, 2020

Fantasy: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

As much as I tried, it wouldn't simply be my blog if I didn't chose a Harry Potter Book for the Fantasy section. I have decided to go with "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" since it is the first book in the series. There is no questioning that this book is a High- Fantasy Book as it has Wizards and Witches and Unicorns and Flying Brooms and Trolls and just almost anything that you would think of a Fantasy Book having. In this book, we are introduced to the Young Harry Potter on his Eleventh birthday. He doesn't know it yet, but he is a wizard. A very good one at that, if it must be added. This book covers Harry's first year at Hogwarts.

Honesty time: I give this book three sparks of magic out of five sparks of magic, as much as I love Harry Potter and the books, it took me about four years to actually finish this book. I would say I didn't have time, but I would have to say that it is due to the slow start of the series and maybe due to the fact that I had seen this movie about a million times, before I read the books. I do have to say that I read the rest of the six books in a span of about two weeks or so. I highly enjoyed the other six books, but couldn't get myself into the first one. Though, I would recommend this books to anyone that enjoys Fantasy and hasn't seen the movies more times than they could count. 

Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Author: J.K. Rowling
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: September 1998
ISBN: 978-0439708180
✨✨✨ out of ✨✨✨✨✨

1 comment:

  1. I love the Harry Potter books. But, I did not love them until I was much older. I read these books when I was a teenager and stopped somewhere in the 4th one. When I moved 6 years ago I brought them with me and this past summer I told myself to give them another try. I started from the Sorcerer's Stone and read them through and I enjoyed them so much more as an adult. I definitely agree that the first one starts off slow, but once I got into it I could not put it down. I think it is a great series and fits perfect into the fantasy category.

    ReplyDelete