Saturday, January 4, 2020

Realistic Fiction: The Most Thankful Thing

Image result for the most thankful thing

I have chosen this book as my choice for Realistic Fiction, because almost every child as had this type of moment with a loved one. In the book the little girl asks her mother "In your whole long, long, long life, what are you the very most thankful for?" The little girl then proceeds to go through her Mother's old Scrapbook and ask her about moments that she knows was special in her Mother's life. At the end of the heartwarming story, the girl's Mother relieves that the little girl is what her Mother is the most Thankful for. As I read the story and flipped through the Mother's fictional scrapbook, I could see myself doing this with my own Mother or maybe even child one day. 

I give this book  five cookies out of five cookies (since there is a photo of the pair making cookies on the cover!). I really enjoyed reading this book and I thought it was just a sweet and special moment to be written in a book. I liked how the Mother's life was paired with fictional dreams such as becoming an award winning actress. I could relate to this book as I think about my short adult life and the many things that have changed throughout it. Some of my dreams even matched up to the Mother's such as being an award winning Actress and President, something I know that I would give up for my own family. Even though, my own family just consists of my Boyfriend and Cat at the moment.


Title: The Most Thankful Thing
Author/Illustrator: Lisa McCourt and Cyd Moore
Publisher: Cartwheel
Publication Date: October 1, 2004
ISBN: 978-0439650830
🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 out of 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

No comments:

Post a Comment