Saturday, January 4, 2020

Picture Book: Owl Moon

Owl Moon
This book has everything that a picture book should have. First of all the point of view of the pictures are truly one of a bird's eye view as you can see the snowy adventure how the Owl would see it. When it comes to the pictures, a lot of artistic elements are used such as color, space and lines which combined creates some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen in a children's picture book. At one point of the book, space and color are combined to create a feeling of walking in the actual snow. The words are also just so poetic, and is told by the point of view of the child. You can tell that this is a special time for the child, and the reader becomes a part of the special time spent between Father and child. 

Without questioning, I give this book five owls out of five owls. I honestly have never seen a book that was so beautifully done with both the pictures and words. I honestly have never read this book before this, and I feel like I have been left out. I think that any child would be as captivated with the story as I was, and this would be a very engaging read-aloud especially between two special people such as Father and Child. Every child can relate to this book, as they have spent at least one special moment with their special person. 

Title: Owl Moon
Author: Jane Yolen 
Illustrator: John Schoenherr
Publisher: First Scholastic Printing 
Publication Date: September 1988
ISBN: 0-590-42044-5
๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰ out of๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰

No comments:

Post a Comment